Monday, November 12, 2012

the illusion of space


While on my walks through Ikea last week, I saw these dining chairs. I have an acrylic chair that I use at my vanity counter but without a pair, it's a little bit useless for a dining table. What I love about this chair and the table below, is that in a small space (I have high hopes for our new home, but I'm also realistic that many condos are tiny!) neither of these pieces would take up space - visually. The pieces being translucent, creates the illusion of space and doesn't cut the flow of a room.



I also love this bookcase. Storage will be key in a small space, and the modern tall bones of this piece will be perfect for books and trinkets alike. The fact that there is no back or sides allows for the same sort of flow as with the acrylic pieces. Air and light can travel through the space and no division is created - a great way to make a small space lovely and livable!

No comments:

Post a Comment