Monday, November 12, 2012

take a seat

You know it's going to be a good Saturday when your boyfriend suggests going to Ikea!... Or it just confirms the type of dork you are for getting excited to go to Ikea for the second time in a week. Well, regardless, we walked around the stylish design mega store today and both of us were getting really pumped at the thought of returning when we actually have our own place. 
We have a good selection of furniture from university left overs and family hand-me-downs, but we've agreed that we don't want our place to look miss-matched and random. We're realistic about our expectations and plan to do an inventory of what we have and see what type of space we end up with. At that point we'll prioritize what we need and look for pieces we both love.

I fell in love with the idea of this leather chair. I love the caramel color and the art deco design. I think I might look online to see if I can find something similar, second hand, and then reupholster with the fabric of our choice.


 And while I can't even afford a cashmere sweater, this chair is even more so out of the budget. But I think it's worth bookmarking for a much later time in our lives. Who wouldn't want to sit on beautiful grey chair covered in cashmere wool?! Drool worthy for sure!


*Bonus: both chairs come with foot stools!*

No comments:

Post a Comment