Thursday, November 13, 2014

a design desire

We're a couple years away from buying our first house, and there's no doubt our current place is just about filled to the brim with furniture and accessories, but I hope that one day we might have space for a piece of furniture upholstered in crushed velvet. There's something so luxurious about the way furniture looks when covered in velvet. The jewel tone colors and lush texture is so comfortable and inviting while at the same time appearing structural and stylish. It appeals to me in a way that I do not see fading any time soon.

(Confession: I once owned an antique orange crushed velvet chair and (for some reason) decided I didn't like the look of it... Upside: my in-laws had it re-upholstered for my graduation gift and it's now a gorgeous soft blue and is a staple piece in our bedroom :) )

Below are some images that recently re-ignited my love and desire....





{ all images via lark & linen }

No comments:

Post a Comment