Tuesday, November 11, 2014

inspiring encouragement

Since I was younger I've always had a passion for design. When my parents let me re-decorate my bedroom, I flipped through the Ikea catalogue over and over and sketched out how I pictured my new bedroom in my head. Years later, my style has matured and I feel there is a creative stream constantly running through my mind. I have zero complaints about the path I've chosen thus far, but I do often wonder if I'll ever have the guts to pursue a creative career path. This article about 'How to Become a Designer Without Going to Design School' set off a lightbulb in my head - other people are successful in design without a four year design degree?! In today's workforce, where it seems an honors bachelor degree barely sets you apart from the competition, it's refreshing and encouraging to know that, with some seriously hard work, my dreams could become a reality. I know right now isn't the right time, but maybe one day in the future, I'll become a designer....

No comments:

Post a Comment