Thursday, November 13, 2014

the face wash debate


I wish I had glowing, radiant, clear skin... but I just don't. I get pimples, have blotchy redness, I need to wash my face twice a day and feel most confident with make-up on. At times I've felt self-conscious about my skin, but really, if I feel comfortable in my routine and feel better with some make-up on, who cares what anyone else thinks.. (ah the realizations of growing up)...

That being said I do my best to take care of what I've got. My skin is typically very sensitive and will dry out quickly, so it's difficult finding a face wash that satisfies that need for a 'deep down clean' that I crave, while  avoiding dry flakiness. I usually look for a wash with salicylic acid and have recently learned about the other over-the-counter acne remedy benzoyl peroxide.
Into the Gloss is my go-to blog reference for all things beauty, so I was thrilled when they broke it down, comparing the ingredients and what they're best suited for... Take a read here. I think I'm still a salicylic acid girl for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment